C.O.W. Score !!

Amazing how fast this Laetiporus sulphureus fruited without rain up until yesterday!! It's been dry here for at least a month. It rained maybe an inch over night.  Passed by Friday and there was maybe a pound. Stopped by on my way home from work this morning and made a great harvest!!

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

Thanks gents

Not quite sure yet Mc Matt.

Mostly par boiled and froze until I have more time on my hands.

I think  I may need to par boil before making next batches of jerky. Me and a buddy at work just had some adverse reactions.  I tossed a few hand fulls in the dehydrator this morning with a few seasonings, for 5 hours. Probably not the smartest thing to do. 

Nice find. Chicken is sure out there, found some today myself, just have no idea what to do with it, none of my friends or relatives like it, wish i could sell it to some Whole Foods or something.

IMG_0003.JPG

Man I feel pretty bad right now. Half the day crew got sick yesterday from my jerky. Very horrible feeling. And it didn't take much. One small piece was enough make them nauseaded.

What's the best way to prepare it before trying to make jerky, boil?

Man Cajun thats some bad luck but stuff like this could have happen to any one of us. Maybe boiling, towl dry then dehydrate? Never tried to make any so I don't have much to offer on this but this is certainly a subject we can all learn from.

I went back to a post that 4rum posted years back and must have missed the par boiling part when making his jerky. Man that sucks.??? Let's just say I will no longer be bringing any goodies to work. Very bad experience. 

Yes Camille..... for about 5 hours. I thought for sure that would have been enough to remove whatever it is that causes nausea.