Puffball question

Sherwood

I believe they are called Lycoperdon perlatum?  The spiky outside comes off like crumbs. And the inside is solid white and meaty. I am wondering if the inside of a young amanita mushroom look the same? Or would I see a cap shape?

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the inside. 

IMG_2102.JPG

Gem studded puffball (Lycoperdon perlatum I believe) I fill my pockets with these during my fall hunting excursions. They are delicious. 

I always cut them in half to make sure they aren't Amanita and to make sure they are all white inside.

13 hours ago, vitog said:

A cross section of an Amanita button will show an internal outline of the cap and stem, unlike the inside of a puffball, which is basically homogeneous.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, bobbywett said:

Gem studded puffball (Lycoperdon perlatum I believe) I fill my pockets with these during my fall hunting excursions. They are delicious. 

I always cut them in half to make sure they aren't Amanita and to make sure they are all white inside.

Yea, I have been squirrel hunting a lot and have noticed these everywhere! I will be getting a bunch of them to cook with the squirrel next time I'm out.