Finally some edibles

Very nice EB,I love those but never find more than a hand full. Looks like oak/pine mix forests? I found about 20 chants yesterday and was quite pleased with that since it's been so cool here. Work has had me tied down but im going today..... finally.

Matt, mixed forest with few large trees, mostly saplings, pretty dense underbrush, always dark and gloomy there, creek flowing nearby provides almost boggy environment

Great info, thanks EB! I have one spot that I have found them repeatedly (never many) and it's very remote and I can only reach it by water. One of my black trumpet spots actually. And alot as you described its just on the uphill from a spring branch and very thick undergrowth. Fair amount of large beech in my spot though.

Matt, I still don't know which exactly it is, probably campestris. I only collect in open fields and make sure it smells good and doesn't stain yellow at the base. They don't get big, maybe 2.5" caps in diameter max.