Hello.

I am just getting started mushrooming and am looking for other local enthusiasts. Wish Kentucky had a mycological society. If I am wrong and we have one, please let me know?

Thank you, and good luck to everyone.

Welcome to the forum :-)

It feels like I see a lot of posts from KY... maybe its just that the state stands out to me for some odd reason. Have fun hunting... its that time of year!

I went out this AM and found a great Leucoagaricus americanus. Only found one little milky of some sort at a local nature preserve. I didn't want to harvest either since they were so cute so I just snapped photos. Made my first spore print yesterday of some deer mushrooms I found in the yard on some decaying silver maple roots.

I guess I have grown tired of old hobbies and need a new focus. Mushrooms will keep me busy.

13 hours ago, Josh198484 said:

Did you ever find a mycological society here in Lexington?

No, guy. Just a couple of central KY folks starting out cultivating businesses to sell.

I live off Richmond Road here in Lexington and will hit you up separately on a site IM.

Thank you for touching base!

Hey @XestyChicken, @KY-FUNGI, and @Josh198484! I have only recently gotten into mushroom hunting but I really love it. I also just moved to Lexington after I graduated college! We should maybe form a group chat or something where we can talk about good places to forage and what-not! Would any of you be interested??

I just messaged you. Hope we can get something going!