Lexington, KY

KY-FUNGI

I went out this AM and found a great Leucoagaricus americanus. Only found one little milky of some sort at a local nature preserve. I didn't want to harvest either since they were so cute so I just snapped photos. Made my first spore print yesterday of some deer mushrooms I found in the yard on some decaying silver maple roots.

I guess I have grown tired of old hobbies and need a new focus. Mushrooms will keep me busy.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Josh198484 said:

Did you ever find a mycological society here in Lexington?

No, guy. Just a couple of central KY folks starting out cultivating businesses to sell.

I live off Richmond Road here in Lexington and will hit you up separately on a site IM.

Thank you for touching base!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey @XestyChicken, @KY-FUNGI, and @Josh198484! I have only recently gotten into mushroom hunting but I really love it. I also just moved to Lexington after I graduated college! We should maybe form a group chat or something where we can talk about good places to forage and what-not! Would any of you be interested??

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone. 

John Clay here. I live off Richmond Road as well and would love to get something together in regards to mycology/mushroom hunting. Your posts are from several months back, but if you see this comment, any of you feel free to email me. I actually went out hunting today with some degree of success. 

Not sure what a mycology group would entail, but it could be fun to get a large group together and go comb somewhere nearby. Daniel Boone/Red River/etc. or , even the outskirts of Jacobson Park right down the street.  

:mushroom2:

• 1 month later...

not sure if this post is even still active, but I am also very VERY new to the hobby and have an extremely large amount of information to learn but mushrooms have always been a bit of an interest to me just because I don’t really understand them 😐 i’m on a farm in nicholasville right now and there are quite a few wild ones just in the fields and bushes around here :)

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Charlevoix; relocated here a year ago.  I have been reading and watching a fair amount of online articles, and videos, but what I would really like is to hire a guide.  I don't ask them to share any secret locations with me - would love to have guide walk  our property with me/us, if possible, or suitable.

I reached out to a company in TC (LeelanauAdventures), but email bounces back.  Anyone up for the task, or have recommendations/referrals.  I realize we haven't had the consecutive warm days & nights required (So I've read), but I'm ready to get ready!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello! Is anyone interested in going mushroom hunting this spring as a group? Or does anyone know of any group foraging outings? I’m relatively new to mushroom foraging and would love to learn more and meet up with some people. I can identify some of the basic edible varieties, like chicken of the woods and morels.