horn of plenty?

nh_heart

Trout is spot on about the drying and I believe I actually like them better after drying and rehydrating in sauces. Seems to have a better texture.....to me. But they are great regardless.

Haha the pizza, Dave I thought I was the only one wasting valuable black Trumpets on pizza. I only done it with fresh ones and reconstituted dry ones.....gonna have to try them frozen this year. I also like them sauteed on a cheese steak sub.

Yep, the fat should preserve them. I myself use trumpets only in dried, powdered form, as in this recipe.

Im definitely going to be giving that a try soon eat bolete. Next spring when I collect ramps im betting it will be good with ramp greens on top aswell.

In the meantime after Dave and I where talking about the pizza ........

IMG_20170819_214036261.jpg

Aldi is awesome, my wife is a Army Vet and also grew up a Army brat and lived in Germany eight years.  She still has a fondness for some of the harder to get german/style food items that Aldi has. Not to mention just all around great prices. 

I love Aldi, too.  I had heard about it for years and was so excited when we finally got a couple around here.  We got a Lidl, I went there once, and I didn't like it.  Maybe I went too soon.  It was very, very crowded and the prices weren't as good as Aldi.

Until you described where your pizza came from, I thought you had made it yourself and were much more artistic with your pizzas than I am with mine.

Not impressed with Lidl either and I basically told my wife the same things you just described. I also did not like the first Aldi when it opened (didn't have much at first) but the new one on Hull street I really like and seems to be layed out better.

Haha on the pizza.....a few times a year I do make them from scratch dough,tomatos from the garden...ect. They are never that round...haha. I added onions,trumpets and ham to that one but they are a bargen right out the box.

We've found a couple of bunches over the past three weeks, largest were in the post.  We sauteed some with some very fresh eggs and sundried tomatoes.  Delicious, but now I'm eyeing both the pizza and the salmon.  i'm going to have to go recheck for more, since I dried all my extras!  

None got very big, so it was quite a bit of work today. Still, this, plus whatever I already have, is enough to last me 2 years.

IMG_9363.JPG