Mushroom knife

I've been wanting to buy a knife with a brush for quite a while, but the Opinel one is $25-$30, so I decided to try Rough Rider for $10. Quite happy so far, let's see if I'll have any issues using it. The blade came super sharp. Detailing does look a bit cheaper than on Opinel (got one for my wife last year), but for the price I don't care. Blade has no wobble when open, pretty decent.

P.S. There is no lock in open position to prevent from closing, so got to be careful.

IMG_9050.JPG

Ah, nice, hopefully you'll get to use it soon. Here on Long Island soil is sandy, all mushrooms require good cleaning before going into a bag. I'll use it for the upcoming season and post an update on how it held up.

I got an el cheapo.  Havent used it yet however just from playing around with it i found the long hairs to be pretty weak.  I trimmed them down so theyre a bit more stiff - figured with mushrooms such as lobsters, the long hair wouldnt be able to clean the dirt off properly.  Hoping to give it a test run this weekend... Finally

Yep, totally agree, used it today in the field, that brush is for dusting, not cleaning, will definitely trim mine too.

I'vee been carrying a toothbrush before:) I guess the brush may deform a bit in a pocket, but probably not too badly, I carry mine in a cargo pocket. 

I have found that a piece of netting works great as a brush.  Also can wad up in my pocket and doesn't stab me when I bend down.  For the very same reason I don't carry a sharp knife in my bag/pocket/bra.  Was using my car keys but wasn't cleaning the keys before putting in the ignition and almost screwed up my car :P