Kings on the east coast?

Has anyone had any luck finding king biletes around PA this year? It seems like they should be out but I think I missed them.  Last year they were out earlier in July than I went this year. I've seen few boletes relatively, as well.  Maybe too wet. 

I'll let you know Andy, will probably go there this weekend. Granted, I have no clue where exactly to go, but will find some park, will let you know if I find any.

So, went to 3 parks in Eastern PA, with no luck. Found a few Tylopilus, plenty Ramaria, G. castaneus, Agaricus, H. repandum, 3 old and buggy chanterelles, S. americanus, and a bunch of yellow oysters. No king boletes. This doesn't mean they aren't out there though lol.

Despite there being occasional ample rainfall, this summer has been a down time for the Kings. I have found only a handful of edulis, a few separans, no variipes, no subcaerulescens, no pseudopinophilus, no nobils, and interestingly, a patch of B. nobilissimus, which is an uncommon species in my experience. 

Also, only small quantities of bicolor this summer.

Before long, the window will close on the hardwood-associating summer species. But, some years there's an edulis flush during the period mid September into October.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sure you will eventually hit the jackpot. I am new at hunting the "kings" in Atlantic Canada. However,I eventually found couple of them very well camouflaged. Returning to the same area of the coniferous woods days later, and looking very closely, I noted many more B.edulis starting to pop out the surface.I used my I phone compass to pin point the location for future visits.

What kind of coniferous trees? I heard Norway Spruce is notorious for that but I only have White pine, Pitch pine, and Eastern hemlock in my area.