I'm new and so is this shroom I located

Jan Cubbage

I am a retired high school teacher of Bio & earth science. It was always a fun and genuine learning experience to take kids into the woods (state park)

with their clipboards and blank sheets of paper. During certain times of year we hunted for fungi to sketch, measure and ID and take photos. I found this bolete

a couple of weeks ago and want to share. It is always exciting to find something new in the woods. Check this big dude out.. 4 siblings with it. As yet, unable to find a real name of it so I will call it Bolete florisuperus. The base is 4 in. high and the upturned cap is 10.5 inches in diameter.. Bolete like..no gills..white flesh.. no stain when bruised..cap top shiny brown leather -like

and the cap was upturned and take note at with an irregular scalloped rim. It's friends left outdoors had a meltdown about 30 hrs. after these photos taken..leaving gooey black insect attracting small masses..the caps turned downward during decomposition.   Any one out there seen anything like this before?

Mushroom_1.jpg

Mushroom_2-1.jpg