The famous Lactarius Indigo?!?!

I have used this salt for years when salting/pickling all sorts of things Herring/Corned Beef, Onion/Ramps/Okra and even hen of the woods last fall. Like you said EB, it's just pure salt with nothing else. It is fine grain and heavy so if using a recipe that calls for seasalt, kosher or some other light fluffy pure salt you need to adjust for it. Most kosher salt is pure but a little more expensive. In my area all the local big box stores carry this 4lb box for about $2.50-3.00.

IMG_20170624_112636.jpg

Great find Cajun!!! Beautiful shroom. As far as I know, all Lactarius sp. are salted or pickled in Russia. These are the only ways to get the bitter taste out and to make the mushrooms good texture and not tough. Like eat-bolete said, there is the hot or the cold methods. There are many instructional videos on youtube that teach this. Oh and yes, Cajun, you might like Russian pickled mushrooms.