potted plant mushrooms

Blake

Yellow beauties growing from my succulent house plant

025.jpg

027.jpg

under the crystal

026.jpg

If anyone has any pictures of mushrooms growing from house plants or bags of soil please share them here.

Happy hunting...err growing :lol:

Yellow beauties growing from my succulent house plant

025.jpg

027.jpg

under the crystal

026.jpg

If anyone has any pictures of mushrooms growing from house plants or bags of soil please share them here.

Happy hunting...err growing :lol:

Here is the most likely suspect: http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/feb2002.html

Mushroom Mary has a great series of photos of these, from birth to death.

That is Leucocoprinus birnbaumii and here is the birth to death sequence I shot of these growing under my little mango tree: they continuously grow back in the same spot and since I live in a tropical climate they grow outside instead of in potted plant containers.

post-1-0-06124300-1321370091_thumb.jpg

That's interesting, Mary. The only time we ever had these growing, it was in a pot with a mango tree. I wonder if there is any relationship between these and mangos.

I don't think so, Evan. The tree had been planted in a pot when I bought it, and I just stuck the tree into the ground with the same soil attached. It seems to come with the soil which is why it is found in so many potted plants. I have had them growing in my orchid pots also. The ones by my mango, fruit on a regular basis when they get lots of heat and moisture so I get to see them all the time. In fact they are starting again right now.

Happy Thanksgiving!