Great Time With Friends

Evan

It was a great time getting together with Mary and DaveW yesterday. Although the morels were scarce, it was still fun getting out to the woods with old friends. Hopefully you guys post some of the mushroom photos you took. They are probably better than the pictures I got. 

Really nice day. I never even swatted at a single gnat all day long. One seemingly really interesting species found; I believe this is a Psathyrella.  Psathyrella_MD_4-28_A1.thumb.JPG.78cb538fd7743ca43f864d7b8a71f7c3.JPG

And, while I was  photographing this, or maybe some Mycena or Galerina marginata, either Mary or Evan seemed to spot a morel. Morchella_diminutiva_MD_4-28_A.thumb.JPG.97b22413203c1b98e6a9a8121614892c.JPGMorchella_americana_MD_4-28_M.thumb.JPG.654a93f6227e0314b39f6d75b523a948.JPGMycena_MD_4-28_1.thumb.JPG.d59b288d576a66598185a2c6fd707df9.JPG

We found only a few morels combined. But I did manage to run across two nice large yellows (Morchella americana) late in the day.   Morchella_americana_MD_4-28.thumb.JPG.e978f227c73b5532eb2ab7a68c4e55c4.JPG

Nice, Mary. That first photo shows the Psathyrella that I think is kinda interesting. I dried a small piece and will store/catalog, post on Mushroom Observer, and see if anyone may be interested in studying it.

After driving hundreds of miles to and from my road-trip morel spots and coming up with really very little, the big yellows under the dead elm and in the old orchards not far from my house suddenly came on strong. I got 60 big 'uns under a single elm. Also, found a nice batch of big yellows in tulip poplar woods, as well as a couple collections of the small yellows. I really don't mind the travelling, though. It's part of the adventure, and I generally end up seeing some interesting things. And, it was fun foraying with you and Evan. We'll havta do it again some time.