Help identifying a cluster

Frahmski

New to the group but hope to become an active member! I found this cluster at the base of a tree, but not on it, while looking for morels today. Only took one photo so can't give all the pics I read are normally asked for but can possibly get more pictures tomorrow. Anyone know what this is?

IMG_1965.JPG

One possibility is that they are some kind of Inky Cap, based on the darkening around the edges of some of the caps.  The black material to the upper left also might be old, rotten specimens.  If they are Inky Caps, the caps will start to turn into dark, runny fluid in a few days.  More detail would certainly be helpful.

I agree, a type of Inky Cap, probably a species from the Coprinellus micaceus complex   http://www.mushroomexpert.com/coprinellus_micaceus.html . Mushrooms representing any of these species often show tiny glistening granules on the caps, but the granules can wash off in the rain. These mushrooms are common during morel season. They grow in clusters, sometimes over 100 at the base of a single tree/stump.  After maturing they partially deliquesce (turn into a black goo/liquid), but not to the same extent as species of Coprinus or Coprinopsis. Note the black dusting seen on some of the caps in the cluster. This is spore deposit dropped onto caps positioned lower than some of the other caps.