Going Mobile

Big news on the southern front for me. I've sold my house and come April 7th, I will be going mobile for the near future. I'm selling everything but my cameras, mushroom books and fly rods, and going traveling the country in search of mushrooms, fish and photo ops. So, that means I can be where the best mushrooming is when it is in fact best. I intend to be back at my porcini patch in Montana in July and expect to be in CA, ID, OR, CT, PA, DE, WI, CO, AZ, NM and possibly ME too......lots to see and do and I'm stoked! So, I'll report in from time to time from the road but no more FL for me. If you want to mushroom hunt together, send me a private message and if I'm coming through your area, we should meet up!

• 1 month later...

Hi Mary. Yellows/grays just starting in my early spot here in NE PA. I'm making a trip south this Friday. A few chilly days may slow them down. But midweek it's supposed to turn suddenly much warmer. Rain in the interim. 

Wow that is fantastic!!  Have you thought about adding Montana to that list?  I lived there for quite a while, great fly fishing on the Missouri, Big Horn, Big Hole and hundreds of others no doubt, and decent mushroom hunting in the west from what I saw in the Bob Marshall.  Cheers and good luck on the adventure!

Evan, I am here until early June when my Airstream will be done being built. Let's get together with Dave and foray soon. DaveW, it has been cold and wet here with only one or two warm days. Supposed to hit mid 80's this weekend, but been in the 40's and 50's. Want to meet up on Saturday? Ghost, I lived in SW Montana for 13 years so my first stop will be back in my area where I used to live to pick my porcini patch before heading on to Arizona to do a mushroom cooking demo for a regional NAMA foray and then up to Wisconsin in Sept. for the big national NAMA North Woods Foray. After that who knows!