Rookie question

Adawg

I was going through some of my photos from 2016, and came across this shot of what I called C, Cinnabarius . They had a wonderful chanty flavor, so I am quite certain that my ID was correct. But looking through the Mushroom Observer photos, I saw what was ID as hygrocybe . If I had found that mushroom my first thought would have been C. Cinnabarius .Is there an obvious difference for field ID purpose .

DSCF2916.JPG

Looks like Cinnabar Chants to me, although the gills seem particularly well-formed for a Cantharellus species. Like John said, being able to see between the gills (for veins) would be helpful. Zoom doesn't work on the photo, I guess because the resolution falls short. Evan makes an excellent point that the stalks not being hollow points away from Hygrocybe. Internal flesh white (appears to be the case) supports a C. cinnabarinus proposal. 

Eat-bolete, those look like Craterellus ignicolor, or at least some species of Craterellus. One difference between most Cantharellus (true Chanterelles) and Craterellus, is that Craterellus mushrooms have stems that become hollow. A few species of Cantharellus have stems that are hollow --or at least become hollow. But the species lumped under the names Yellow Chanterelle and Cinnabar Chanterelle have stems that are solid and remain so at maturity. 

This "lisichka" - Russian "little fox" ...
We eat these mushrooms at once, storage baa ..
-----------------------
"Lisichka" must not be frozen - it becomes bitter ...
10 days can be stored in the fridge - it's right