Field Blewit/look alikes

Found these Lepista personata I believe . Maybe Clitocybe savea or one of the other classifications I don't know. Anyhow they were right outside my back door and upon getting a few I found some imposters mixed in. I didn't identify them, but they looked the same in the grass and were only growing a few feet away. The spore print is so similar it's almost unnoticeable 

IMG_2786_1.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

Ok, when in doubt throw it out,  I did, after I cooked them up along with the other true blewits, i was worried they might be entolomas mixed in. I see blewits past their prime and this confuses me. So I hope next time to only pick up ones that are young and purplish with fat stipes and no cortinas.

The only difference I can find between these and L. nuda is these grow in the grass. Any of the wood blewits I've found have been around hard woods. I believe Lepista nuda is also classified as Clitocybe nuda . 

I havent eaten many blewits  yet. I'm in doubt unless I see a pink sporeprint from every mushroom. The first I collected had a couple corts mixed in I believe and it wasn't very obvious until I looked at pictures I had taken. The gills reflected the light different and stood out in the pics. 

• 2 weeks later...