Daddy in Wa now Daddy in Italy

Daddy in Wa

Hello,

Recently moved the family over to Italy and I'm dying to get out and start hunting! Anyone on this board in the Naples area or know of any clubs local to Naples? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Grazie.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Wow, I'm surprised to hear you have moved to Italy! Lucky you! I'll tell you, if you are on facebook, you will meet thousands of Italians who are cuckoo for fungi. I have hundreds of fb friends from Italy so I'd start there and ask questions. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do except make lots of new friends and maybe they will share some info with you. I know chestnut trees will produce porcini. Good luck and keep us posted. Nice to hear from you!

Mary

Hey Mike,

Wow, I'm surprised to hear you have moved to Italy! Lucky you! I'll tell you, if you are on facebook, you will meet thousands of Italians who are cuckoo for fungi. I have hundreds of fb friends from Italy so I'd start there and ask questions. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do except make lots of new friends and maybe they will share some info with you. I know chestnut trees will produce porcini. Good luck and keep us posted. Nice to hear from you!

Mary

Hi Mary,

It was a suprise to us as well. I've been wanting to teach overseas for years now, and on the 2nd of August I got a phone call asking if I'd like to interview for a job outside of Naples. I interviewed the next day and was hired four hours later. It made for an extremely frantic end of summer as you imagine. I got here the 15th of September and my family got here just a week ago. One regret is there wasn't time to get even one chanterelle hunt in. So I get the facebook angle, but I'm not connected to any Italians on FB. Would you care to friend me? Would that be a good way to connect with some of your Italian fungiphiles? If so, let me know and I'll pm you my full name, if you don't know if already. Nice to know about the chestnut angle as there are many chestnut festivals going on right now. Wonder if that means the porcini would be poppin' Glad to connect again.

Mike