white generic looking mushroom s

mark m

Hello , I have a couple dozen white generic looking mushroom s in leaf litter in my yard . no ring, typical rounded cap , gills and a yellowish cream colored spore print. Caps are 1- 3 inches stems are 1 to 4 " slightly bulbous and smell a little sweet,mushroom y. Any help would be appreciated.

A lot more information is needed to have even a rough guess at your mushrooms, starting with location.  I'm not sure it will work, but you might be able to send me some photos in a Private Message.  If that doesn't work, send me your email address by PM.

I have no idea about your mushrooms, but Photobucket is very twitchy and has a TON of pop-up ads.  I used to love it but hate it now.  Still, seems to be what we've got. 

When you click "upload" try the "upload by email" link they give you.  It's the only way I can get it to work.  If you do it on a smartphone, it should pop up an email that you just attach photos to.  Takes a bit, but they'll go to a "mobile uploads" album on your photobucket account.

That said, you don't need to use Photobucket on this site.  If you're on a PC or laptop or even your phone, try to drop and drag it from another window or just click "choose files" at the bottom of your post next to the paperclip and it should let you just attach a jpeg.

Hydrangeas.jpg

About the last photo. Are these well-formed mushrooms with caps and gills like the ones in the overexposed photos above? Or are they just smallish globs of material without caps/gills (or pores)? 

The white ones in the first few photos...? There are many possibilities. Need more info, better photos.