Giant puffballs and wood blewits?

Yergaderga

I was at a park today with my brother and we looked around for some mushrooms, and found these. The blewits were under pines and the iffball was at the edge of a little stand of trees, and we found another one soon, which is a little darker only because I brushed them off and it's dirt kind of spread.  These browner puffballs which I thought might be giants were everywhere in the forest edges.  I'm thinking that since they weren't out in the grass any pesticides shouldn't really affect them. (Blewit) spore print in progress by the way. The big puffballs are my priority because I'm very curious.The three before the pictures of the (giant puffballs) are the other kid of puffballs sitting on a plank.  

Thanks!

Andy

IMG_6966.JPG

IMG_6971.JPG

IMG_6972.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

IMG_6974.JPG

IMG_6976.JPG

IMG_6977.JPG

IMG_6978.JPG

IMG_6979.JPG

IMG_6980.JPG

IMG_6981.JPG

IMG_6982.JPG

Look like blewits to me. Just make sure to verify it's not a poisonous Entoloma, they have salmon spore color, I think it's darker salmon though.

Appearance + spore print is strong evidence supporting the Blewitt proposal (Lepista nuda). If any doubt remains (in particular, about Entoloma), then a microscopic view of the spores should settle it. 

Looks like two species of puffball here. Maybe Calvatia craniiformis (or the very similar C. cyathiformis) and Calvatia gigantea. 

We had the giant puffball.  It was pretty good but no one else liked the texture.  Since Saturday we found one more, also. We'll have to experiment with cooking them. We have a microscopes so I'll have to stick some spores on a tray and see to make sure they're not angular like those of entolomas apparently are.  It goes up to 1000x magnification, will that work? 

Also, what entoloma species should I be concerned about? I'm assuming there are purple ones that look like these.