These definitely look like trumpets and appear to be growing in the same type of habitat I've found them in. But I've only seen trumpets a couple of times. Lets hope someone else with more "trumpet" experience can give you a better indication.

These are one of my few I do have experience eating. They are great! First ones I found by accident looking for Chanterelles. But this is the first time I have found them under red oaks...before was always around the base of beech but beech trees where very close.

Thanks guys, I try to get good pics but sometimes this droid phone doesn't like bright object so it's all about the light.

John your dead on about the thin flesh they are done when they hit the pan almost. I dried a bunch back in July and they work well for me in dishes where I need a little extra time and don't want to cook the separate or have to add them at the end. This is a new spot I never found them in so I'm excited to have a new spot.  Mostly around moss in this stand of woods.

Jason, database would be great for amateurs like myself especially pics posted by or confirmed accurate by the professionals.

Thanks John! I believe I have ran across pics from there sight before but never went to the main page. I will check it out for sure,nice to know what's happening especially when hunt time is limited.