Neurological effects of Morchella Sp.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/23/2016 at 1:56 PM, ladyflyfsh said:

very interesting, thanks for posting!  I never eat raw wild mushrooms, but I was not aware of the "well-known" toxicity of morels. I just knew its never wise to eat wild mushrooms raw. I also never eat large quantities of any mushroom.

I have eaten boat loads of morels before with zero negative effects.  Of course they were cooked.  I felt like the bubba gump of morels for a time.  Stuffed morels, fried morels, morel omelets, etc.  FYI the greenbelt around Austin has white river morels when the spring is cool and wet.

• 8 months later...
On 10/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, clamp connection said:

very interesting, thanks for posting!  I never eat raw wild mushrooms, but I was not aware of the "well-known" toxicity of morels. I just knew its never wise to eat wild mushrooms raw. I also never eat large quantities of any mushroom.

I read that too quickly last fall. Most of the neurological incidents cited were NOT due to undercooked morels.

Does anyone know how long after consumption the alcohol-morel interaction can happen? Most of what I've read says "don't drink alcohol with morels" but what about later that day? With alcohol inkys you can get side effects if you drink alcohol days after eating them. Is that the case with morels too?

• 4 months later...