Sign in to follow this  
Amara

Elm Oyster

I came home from hunting in South Hampton to find my elm oyster left a very nice heavy print. I'm going to get a growng medium ready for it today. I will post whats up with photos. Though anyone growing these feel free to add your input

Things didn't pan out but there was a fresh flush of mushrooms when I went back yesterday. I got two new prints, one on paper and one on glass. Going to mix spores on paper into the oak medium, and make some syringes.

I also have figured out how to make the agar solution properly and may try to start it on that.

I boiled some cardboard, drained then cut up a fresh oyster in 1/4" size pieces. Spread them evenly thru 5 or 6 layers of the cardboard. within 3-4 weeks the mycillium was thick. I took the bark from the dead tree that hosted the oysters and put it in the blender. then put layers of the mycillium into the bark and into a large clear bag. slit some holes and put it in the bathroom closet. Figure its always warm and some humidity would work. About 4 weeks later, I have white splotches throughout the bag. some look like tiny shrooms. Will take it now to a dark humid, cool spot in the basement. Should have some oysters in a few weeks.