Summer Edibles

Zora, if you were getting an error uploading then perhaps you went over your limit for one post. You could try the photo in another post and see if it will load. There is a max. per upload.

Zora, if you were getting an error uploading then perhaps you went over your limit for one post. You could try the photo in another post and see if it will load. There is a max. per upload.

Okay...but I did look at my limit and it looked fine. I will try somewhere else.

Now that so many people are using such large files, they have changed the max. size on the board and it can't be changed for a per upload. All I can do is go back and delete old photos to make room. We had reached our limit once again! The only other thing to do is add more space for more money and that is not really an option unless someone wants to pony up some money! It should be ok now Zora. We all need to be aware of photo file sizes and keep them to a minimum. I deleted a bunch of my own photos to make room.

Thanks but you didn't need to do that! I was okay with just those 2. How much space was on the other web site?

the same as we have here but before we were allowed to limit the per upload per photo and now they have removed that option so people can load any size photo they want and I can't stop it.

I usually try to keep my files around 100 KB, but then again, I run with dial-up at home, so I don't really have a choice. As far as looking at photos on the computer screen, bigger sized photos don't make any appreciable difference.

here is a nice photo of my kids with the biggest mushroom I have EVER found! It is the same mushroom that I posted about, questioning it's edibilty a few weeks back. It has grown quite bigger since I last drove past.

post-43-0-46477400-1311399352_thumb.jpg

Had a pretty good day, but the chants are getting buggy. Found almost 2 lbs of them. Gathered some Craterellus cinereus. The same place that we found them with Dave last year and there are many more I left to grow. They smell soooo good. Found a huge amount of oysters. A couple of L. volemus which I love but never find a lot of. We got out of the woods just in time for a storm which is always a good thing. Lots of the mushrooms where blown from the storm last night I suspect. Strange weather this year.

post-4-0-65161500-1311443838_thumb.jpg

Had a pretty good day, but the chants are getting buggy. Found almost 2 lbs of them. Gathered some Craterellus cinereus. The same place that we found them with Dave last year and there are many more I left to grow. They smell soooo good. Found a huge amount of oysters. A couple of L. volemus which I love but never find a lot of. We got out of the woods just in time for a storm which is always a good thing. Lots of the mushrooms where blown from the storm last night I suspect. Strange weather this year.

post-4-0-65161500-1311443838_thumb.jpg

Great find! I am so getting cabin fever. :(

Calvert, Is that a Berkeley's polypore? Sure looks like it from the photo although I've never seen one in person. It's huge! Nice find

Zora, that's a nice little haul ya got there. We just had a huge thunder storm here so I'm off the hook for having to water tonight! Yipee....

Calvert, Is that a Berkeley's polypore?

Yes it is, I couldn't remember the name when I posted.

It's right on the side of the road, in a village, through which our mushroom club will be passing "en route" to an autumn foray. I'm looking forward to pointing out this rather

locally rare mushroom to fellow mushroom club members when we soon meet.

I'll be away for a few weeks...going camping! First at Bon Echo park in Ontario and then will visit the coast in Maine! Was really hoping to get some rains before the camping, but I think I should throw in the fishing rods just in case it stays dry :):gonefishing:

Intertidal pools are great. It's been years since I've visited the coast. Hey, I wonder if there is a forum out there somewhere for people who love intertidal pools, and they take pic's and try to name all the different "creatures from the sea". not so far fetched..

Ah! Here's one, althougth they don't appear to have many members. I guess fungi win again. :P

http://www.forumjar.com/forums/Intertidal_zone

Gosh, I'd love to get up to Maine this summer. I went to summer camp in Maine when I was in 4th and 5th grades and loved it. It would be fun to go back for a few weeks to visit friends.

Have fun Cal!

Hey all! Heard they were getting some rain a few counties over, so I went mushrooming on a friend's property this past weekend. Found Chanterelles, both Cantharellus cibarius and Craterellus ignicolor, a small Black-staining Polypore (Meripilus giganteus), a Cauliflower Mushroom (Sparassis spathulata), and a number of good sized Tawny and Corrugated Milkcaps (Lactarius volemus and corrugis). Sigh, I am in heaven and in the process of attempting Mary's Wild Mushroom and Pecan Pate!

post-98-0-12319500-1311628735_thumb.jpg

Hey all! Heard they were getting some rain a few counties over, so I went mushrooming on a friend's property this past weekend. Found Chanterelles, both Cantharellus cibarius and Craterellus ignicolor, a small Black-staining Polypore (Meripilus giganteus), a Cauliflower Mushroom (Sparassis spathulata), and a number of good sized Tawny and Corrugated Milkcaps (Lactarius volemus and corrugis). Sigh, I am in heaven and in the process of attempting Mary's Wild Mushroom and Pecan Pate!

Great finds! Lucky you :(

Great finds everyone. We finally got rain this week after 6 weeks of almost nothing. We might go out tomorrow for trumpets. We're getting a puppy today, so we'll be a little busy. May as well start her hunting mushrooms early I guess.

Better train her not to step on them!

Took yesterday off to hunt and came back with a golden chants, smooth chants, trumpets and a couple lactarius. Today we went down to get the hedge hogs. Didn't want to leave them any longer since next week is the NAMA foray. Small one is a Hydnum umbilicatum I would guess but have never seen them get big. The other is the Hydnum repandum.

post-4-0-91886800-1312034184_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-44002000-1312034189_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-88474000-1312034180_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-08913400-1312034176_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-94350900-1312034169_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-57667800-1312034194_thumb.jpg