Hello from Dickson City Pa!

alooney11

Hello all been picking popinkis with my uncle and father in law for a few years looking to get into some other types of mushrooms like morels and hen of the woods.

I am a licensed fishing guide in the state of PA doing charters mostly on the northbranch of the susquehanna River in my custom jet boat. If these waters levels stay as low as they have been Ill be spending more time in the woods looking for mushrooms.

Wow I just joined today and not only did someone else join, but from the same region. I'm from Northeast PA near Brodheadsville.

Nice! I used to work in Swiftwater for 5 years and frequent the Wackyworm tackle shop, nice area out there. You finding anything in the poconos? I spent a few hours in the woods this weekend and didnt find anything I recognized.

Nice! I used to work in Swiftwater for 5 years and frequent the Wackyworm tackle shop, nice area out there. You finding anything in the poconos? I spent a few hours in the woods this weekend and didnt find anything I recognized.

As someone whose gone fungus finding at least once every other week during most of spring, summer, and fall I can say YES.

The quantity and variation in what you find depends heavily on moisture level both overall (within the past month) and recent (like the past week).

Currently we are something of a drought and it's also not rained a whole week. I'm not at all surprised you didn't find anything last weekend.

Also it can vary heavily depending on where you go. Some places of course are naturally wetter (near streams, lakes, in ravines, etc) and some places also have uniform plant life while others have lots of variation (deciduous forest, conifer forest, grassland, etc). Different plants have different fungal parasites/decomposers.

You say you worked in Swiftwater for five years? Am I correct in guessing you worked at the vaccine plant there? If so good job. They don't respond to my applications, but I'm fully aware many other applicants have experience I don't. Also I hear they...have harder work and don't necessarily give good reimbursement, but I don't know if it's true or not.

• 2 weeks later...