Amanita parcivolvata?

Hi all, I haven't been out much yet this year. It has been raining for what seems like 2 months. My bi-color did not really produce either. Maybe too much rain? Seems really strange here this year. But I did find some Amainita not exactly sure what kind. Maybe parcivolvata????

post-4-0-83652500-1309037923_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-93501100-1309037854_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-00773700-1309037960_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-22344000-1309038018_thumb.jpg

Hi zora! Nice to hear from you.

I think what you've got there is probably Amanita flavoconia (or maybe the closely related A. elongata). A suggestion for photographing amanitas is to make certain the get at least one shot of the entire stalk base. Often it is necessary to carefully dig up the entire mushroom in order to see the stalk base. A. parcivolvata has no ring on the stem, and a strongly striate cap margin.

http://www.amanitaceae.org/?Amanita flavoconia

http://www.amanitaceae.org/?Amanita parcivolvata

I agree with you that the copious amounts of rainfall may be holding up some of the mushrooms. Early on in the summer season the rain and clouds can cause the ground to warm up slowly. Also, some mushrooms fruit only during the drying cycle. Today we drove 90 minutes to a chantie spot but got less than 2 pounds. I think that when the ground finally gets to the right temp, and things dry out a bit, it's gonna really take off! I have been finding some nice boletes. Also, we got over 2 pounds of Black Trumpets today.... See "edibles" thread.

You are absolutley right Dave, flavoconia. I have been working on learning photography so hard this winter that I forgot the right way to post mushroom pictures! I should know better.

It had a white spore print, a ring, a knob, patches that fall off and a small bulb.

post-4-0-96530000-1309111044_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-32746000-1309111049_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-33019400-1309111054_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-11632800-1309111061_thumb.jpg