ID help

eat-bolete

I know Dave's not here but I'll take anyone's guess. Don't worry I won't eat none based on your ID as I never collected them, just took pictures, no liability so shoot :)

The small long-stemmed bolete had velvety, slightly corrugated cap, taste was pleasant.

Small bulbous bolete - can it be B. huronensis? it didn't blue.

Last mushroom with red cap and curry decurrent gills - I couldn't find anything in the book that looks like it, so I'm stumped.

post-1017-0-78312700-1438691704_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-66066800-1438691798_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-30031900-1438691866_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-19927400-1438691882_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-72969700-1438691909_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-21899300-1438691926_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-33096700-1438691942_thumb.jpg

Here's my guess. 1st may be b. hortonii. 2nd appears to be possibly a young b. edulis group, possibly b. separans ect. It's hard to tell because of the bug damage. The last appears to be a gilled bolete such as phylloporus rhodoxanthus. Just guessing, especially the second one.

Leccinum rubropunctum is not a species I have personally IDed. This Mushroom Observer post by Noah Siegel looks like a good fit for the one seen above.

http://mushroomobserver.org/24474?q=2cjR3

B. hortonii doesn't have the raised tufts of yellow hairs on the stalk. Otherwise, this species matches pretty well.

Nicely explained about the surface of the stem (#2) greg. A smooth stalk surface on a bulbous white stalk could possibly point to Boletus huronensis. This species resembles B. edulis except for the lack of any reticulations on the stalk. Very slight bluing is sometimes seen on B. huronenisis, possibly in the area of flesh that has been bug-eaten in the one shown. Some edulis types show very fine reticulations only near the stalk apex. In North America B. edulis represents a collection of fairly similar species.

To get a better read on the Gilled Bolete species (Phylloporus), it's necessary to see the base of the stalk. The species P. rhodoxanthus (yellow stalk base) and P. leucomycelinus (white stalk base) are otherwise pretty similar.