2 field guides, deep internet search and nothing.

Found a picture of it online however there was no name associated with it.

Here is a picture from a recent haul. The mushrooms in question are the brown clusters in the top middle. They were found amongst a group of conifers about 2 feet apart in two large clusters ( stemming out from one spot in the ground ). I will post an up close shortly.

DSC_0631_zps5iozzzq5.jpg

Difficult to pin down this collection. Here are a few possibilities. Clitocybe possibly C. nebularis, Leucopaxillus, Lyophyllum.

Some things to check. Spore print color. Do the gills easily peel away from the rest of the cap? Even with all of this info, it's possible that microscopic analysis may be necessary to get a solid ID here.

I recommend not eating these. Some of the whitish Clitocybes are dangerous.

trout, try to field dress your mushrooms...meaning, cut off the dirty clumps on the stems and clean them up BEFORE you put them in your basket and leave all that dirt and such in the woods. It will just make all the rest of you mushrooms filthy and harder to clean later. Wondering if those top middle mushrooms in question might be

Lyophyllum decastes

Troutddicted, I agree with ladyflyfish about the POSSIBILITY of the tan mushrooms being Lyophyllum decastes. But another possibility (among others) is Clitocybe nebularis, a species with a questionable-to-bad reputation.