7/20 chanterelles

Quick hike. Only spent about 30 minutes. Decent haul. Word. They're a little soggy, a couple of buggies, but generally pretty decent. Sweet. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Left any bi-colors and lactarius alone for the benefit of future generations. Also make a point of leaving about 10-15% of the chanterelles behind for this same purpose.

Also harvested some crayfish from our cray ponds and my girl and a couple of her friends went to the beach to score a couple pounds of muscles.

Dinner tonight is looking good.

post-797-0-17847200-1437419213_thumb.jpgpost-797-0-13089600-1437419261_thumb.jpg

Things have gone off up here recently. We haven't even had THAT much rain. But I won't complain because sooner than later, it's going to go bone dry and I'll be back to eating mushrooms from my basement.