Bi-color Surprise

The rains have set in here and I've never seen such a variety of mushrooms. I don't have time to get out as much as I'd like but want to assure everyone that I'm extremely thankful for all the wonderful treats I've been able to harvest so far. Hope everyone is having a good season.

We get 0.25-0.5" of rain per week here on Long Island, which is not too great. Still waiting for chanterelles. Black trumpets and L. hygrophoroides, however, are abundant, which I'm thankful for. Boletes get infested with insects before emerging from the ground.

I took the freshest ones, sliced them, cleaned them a little and fried them up in a mound of onions. When the onions started browning nicely I added a couple links of sausage. Brought that up to heat then let steep a bit. It was a very good dinner.