Help with ID please

Are these bicolor?

staining pore surface but cap flesh almost no bruising (indoor pic taken 30 min after picking)stem turned blue/black, These ones do not have bullion smell, don't have any actually.

Also, Lactarius piperatus?

What kind of earthball/puffball is this?

mushroom with orange gills smells delicious.

Bolete with pink cap and spotted cap (X. affine?) taste delicious.

Bolete with purple long stem was not bitter.

post-1017-0-96810800-1436638229_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-10191200-1436638243_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-19645300-1436638258_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-89197900-1436638271_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-02607400-1436638285_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-97615400-1436638299_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-48203800-1436638311_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-61246100-1436638326_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-76252700-1436638338_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-37594700-1436638357_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-14112200-1436638374_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-56909600-1436638390_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-76139600-1436638404_thumb.jpg

Bicolor...? Maybe. I've been finding red/yellow boletes that show more/darker staining than I'd expect with bicolor. So I'm also wondering about some of my red/yellow boletes. Very thin layer of tubes and yellow flesh --as seen in the second photo-- support a bicolor ID.

Is the earth-ball fairly hard inside? Or is it soft like a puffball? There's at least one Scleroderma species that starts out white inside. S. areolatum is one example.

Lactarius is not piperatus, which has very tightly spaced gills. I think the one seen above if L. subvellerus var. subdistans, which is another acrid milkie with white latex.

Small thick bolete with white flesh looks like Boletus separans. Or possibly one of the edulis species. Either way, an excellent edible.

Tall bolete with purple streaked stem...? I don't recognize it. Is it bitter/mild? Maybe a species of Tylopilus.

Dark-capped bolete with thick stem is a Tylopilus. If mild-tasting, then I think T. badiceps.

Mushroom with orangish gills looks like a Cortinarius. Don't eat them! Some Corts are dangerously poisonous. Were these growing on the ground or on wood?

Last two photos show Xanthoconium mushroom(s).

Thanks Dave, earthball feels like a young bolete, maybe slightly denser than the giant puffball i found in the spring.

Long and short purplish boletes were growing very vlose to each other, I thought it's the same kind, long-stemmed one was growing from under a rock.

I wouldn't dare to eat unfamiliar mushroom, no matter how good it smells, but I appreciate the warning:)

Okay, the long-stemmed bolete is perhaps the same type as the other dark-capped one. When a mushroom emerges from under a rock, it may exhibit non-standard traits.

I've been finding a lot of what I've been calling Tylopilus ferrugineus. To be honest, I find T. ferrugineus, T. badiceps, and T. indecisus very difficult to distinguish.

post-20-0-91436400-1436750637_thumb.jpg

The non-bluing non-bitter boletes are all considered edible... except for maybe Sutorius eximius (formerly Tylopilus) and Boletus huronensis. This one, which had been listed as edible in older field guides, made me sick when I ate it twenty-some years ago. It's currently listed as non-edible or mildly toxic. This is a unique mushroom, only one NA species in the genus Sutorius. None of your material appears to be S. eximius. Another one to learn is Boletus huronensis. It generally stains blue on the flesh, but this may be slight, and perhaps even occasionally absent. Some reports state this is a poisonous species. It's pretty rare, and seems to have a northern NA distribution. None of your material looks like huronensis.

Reports from western NA have created some doubt about the orange or red capped scaber stalks. But my wife and I have eaten Leccinum insigne while camping in Colorado, Montanan, and Idaho without any problem. We also eat plenty of red capped eastern ones. I suspect that some people have experienced problems with Leccinums due to not thoroughly cooking them.

The non-bitter true Tylopilus species are probably all edible. Are there any surprises out there? Such a question is the reason why it's always good to proceed with caution when trying new types of mushrooms. I've eaten T. badiceps and T. ferrugineus without any problems.

Thank you Dave. I cook Leccinums by boiling it first, then pickling, have eaten dome red-capped species with no problems preparing it that wsy.

I see that S. eximius has dark pore surface and dark purplish brown stem, is it always the case or what are best features to go by?

Does B. huronensis always show some yellow at upper part of the stem and had yrllow pores?

S. eximius is a pretty easy one to ID... although it doesn't occur in places without a lot of hemlock. Pores always deep brown. Stem always with dark grainy surface.

B. huronensis is am uncommon mushroom. It features a pale bulbous stem, dull reddish cap, pale yellow pores, and usually shows some bluing on the cut flesh. This one has been confused with edulis... even though it does not have reticulations on the stem.