Possible Marasimus oreades?

So after some much needed rain I went outside to find these little guys sprouting out just about everywhere in my back yard. I thought at first they were just some random poisonous mushroom but upon a bit more research I'm beginning to think they are Marasimus oreades.

This is what I've been able to gather thus far:

• Gills on hymenium
  • Cap is umbonate
  • Hymenium is free
  • Stipe is bare
  • Spore print is white
  • Habitat is lawn
  • Ecology is unknown, lawn has been fertilized, but no other visible dead material. Most likely saprotrophic
  • Stem is fibrous, can peel away like string cheese.
  • Cap color is pale tan/creamy, ever so slightly darker on the umbo.

post-1169-0-61164600-1436226166_thumb.jpg

post-1169-0-92746600-1436226167_thumb.jpg

post-1169-0-11376900-1436226169_thumb.jpg

post-1169-0-22941800-1436226170_thumb.jpg

Looks like Marasmius oreades to me. Spore print should be white. If collecting for the table, then watch out for Clitocybe dealbata, which is also a white spored mushroom. But C. dealbata --also called Sweating Mushroom-- has gills that either attach to the stalk broadly, or more often run down the stalk. There are also some brown-spored mushrooms like Agrocybe pediades and Panaeolina foenisecii that tend to grow along with M. oreades.

Spore print is most certainly white. I checked out the look alike you mentioned but I'm almost positive that this is Marasimus. It's funny you mention the P. foe, I just spore printed a few of those the other day. Not to digress too much but I've heard they contain a few antidepressant chemicals (such as seratonin and 5-DHP) yet they are listed as "inedible." Does this mean they are poisonous or is it one of those things where it's just a matter of stomach upset?

I have picked pounds and pounds of those and it certainly looks like one. The smell is really caracteristic. If you put a dozen in a container and leave them in the fridge, when you open the fridge you will know. Another caracteristic is that the stem can be twisted a couple of times without breaking.

I have picked pounds and pounds of those and it certainly looks like one. The smell is really caracteristic. If you put a dozen in a container and leave them in the fridge, when you open the fridge you will know. Another caracteristic is that the stem can be twisted a couple of times without breaking.

The stems were difficult to twist off and it certainly was fibrous as stated on its Wiki article. We just got a fresh rain this evening so I'll be sure to grab some more and do that test. I also got a few recipes just in case ;3