L. hygrophoroides?

Can you please confirm this is L. hygrophoroides? I want to eat it but a bit scared of making mistake in its ID.

post-1017-0-22157900-1435585704_thumb.jpg

post-1017-0-75273800-1435585729_thumb.jpg

I'd just fry them up in olive oil, and be sure to salt while cooking. Then you get an idea about their taste, which you may imagine pairing with/adding to other types of food. Adding to scrambled eggs is a good way to taste-test a new edible mushroom. Pairs well with onions. This one, and the similar H. volemus, have a sort of fishy flavor. They make a good addition to a burrito, or pasta sauce, or stir-fry.

I started eating this one last year. Great edible. Easier to find than Corrigus, and they taste identical. I used to avoid this one, it just looked too good to be true

Dave......is this also known as or was it formerly known as "camphoratus" or is that another similar species?

L. camphoratus is a different species... usually smaller caps, longer stalks, caps without the orange tones, and gills spaced more closely.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/lactarius_camphoratus.html

I don't eat L. camphoratus.

L. volemus is similar to L. hygrophoroides, but with gills mush more closely spaced. It's also a very good edible.