Seafood?

ChefsWild

Crepidotus. Listed as non-edible in guides. I don't recall ever reading about any cases of poisoning or adverse reactions. Probably not very good. Presumably not well-tested.

In my area the decidedly most common one is C. applanatus. I saw hundreds in a local state park last Saturday. Thin fleshed, fragile.

The ones seen here may be a different species form applanatus. Scales on the caps don't match this species.

That spore print does appear to be perfectly black. It disappears against the black background. A thicker print would be a bit more reliable. Thin prints can tend to disappear more easily. Pure black print points toward Panaeolus, but the mushroom looks much more like an Agaricus. Agaricus can have very dark brown print, but not really all that close to black. Maybe a species of Stropharia? A tricky one.

Gills of Agaricus species often turn very dark, almost black, in advanced age. maybe the gill pigment influenced the perceived print color? I have seen this phenomenon with other types of mushrooms. Low confidence here.

The print is very black on white paper and shows up as darker than the matte black construction paper on the other side as well. I'm not sure the mushroom was of very advanced age, but it did get slightly beat up in my pack in 99F weather before making it back for printing. I had an ice bottle in the backpack and used ventilated plastic produce boxes to transport specimens, but the heat was pretty brutal.