A few more oysters and growth.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave thanks!, last year was really my first hardcore year chasing mushrooms. And yep I found it then. I'm lucky in that my family has 500 acres of hunting property to check and I'm the only mushroomer there :)

• 4 weeks later...

Temps in the 40's and heavy, heavy rains got me out to the poplar patch the other day. There were remnants of what appeared to be weathered oysters on some of the poplar logs. Nothing to take home. Sort of in limbo waiting for 'muggins' (morels).

I really hoped to find a few John. I started cutting the oysters up in smaller pieces, flouring and frying till brown and got to liking them really, really good. I have a few Chanterelles and Chicken of the Woods in the freezer. Hoping for a good year for morels. Hope your season is CRAZY good.