Greetings from Northeast Ohio

friendsoffungi

Hello All;

I am a finish carpenter/cabinet maker by trade. When the economy tanked in 2008 I started looking around for new ways to generate income. The short of the story,

I began looking into mushroom cultivation as an alternative. I am currently supplying CWRU with inoculated straw logs and have since been able to quit my day job.

I am an active member of Ohio Mushroom Society and love being out in the woods. I invite one and all to say hello...

post-1060-0-55032200-1420835008_thumb.jpg

post-1060-0-21714800-1420835068_thumb.jpg

Congrats fof on the biz. We just bought a place with a couple acres of trees in Monroe twnsp so we might be neighbours. Am looking what I can do mushroom wise with raised beds or patches but we don't have much hardwood for inoculation and any cultivation has to of the outdoor variety.

Hi Tilbrons; Thanks for saying hi, you are even a little east of me. I'm near the Cuyahoga/Geauga county borders. I also will be trying some raised beds this spring. I failed miserably a couple years ago

when I tried wine caps. Will try again...This is the first place I've lived at for a long time where I haven't had access to trees, so beds it is...We're still nearly neighbors.