Some sort of bolete, ID req

I believe that I have found a Tylopilus bolete of some sort in Central Florida, but I am still unsure of whether this ID of mine is correct or not. The flesh on the inside of the mushroom all throughout is white; there is no staining when cut or bruised, though the pores appear to have changed from a more white/very light tint of yellow to a more light tint of pink it seems since taking these photos. I've searched through the WPA Mushroom Club Bolete Filter, and I think I can rule out all toxic species. The thing that throws me off with this identification is that it does not have a strikingly bitter taste, and has a much more mild taste to it. I found it growing near both deciduous and coniferous trees, so I can't ID based off of that. There are certainly some reticulations, but they don't appear to be consistently throughout, as there appears to be a (maybe?) "tide line" towards the upper part of it colored brown or red, similar to a False King Bolete, though this was only after me accidentally breaking the stem off of it; the reticulations still appear to be at the apex of the stem, which suggests that it is not a False King Bolete, along with its lack of blue staining.

(edit note because I wanted to ask: if I were to use a guide like the Bolete Filter mentioned, would it be safe to use a negative ID (as in, there being no toxic species with matching characteristics) rather than a positive ID?)

think-i-found-an-edible-bolete-of-some-sort-in-central-v0-xsiv13xhqbmb1.png

think-i-found-an-edible-bolete-of-some-sort-in-central-v0-2x9qch9iqbmb1.png

think-i-found-an-edible-bolete-of-some-sort-in-central-v0-mxygiozgqbmb1.png

think-i-found-an-edible-bolete-of-some-sort-in-central-v0-eb7060ehqbmb1.png

Edited by lordofthejerries

I don't know what is meant by "False King Bolete." There seem to be several possibilities for species that could be called by this name.  If the pores did develop a pinkish tinge then this does suggest genus Tylopilus. But, the shape of the stalk, the reticulations near the apex of the stalk, the non staining/bruising pores/flesh, and the mild taste point toward Boletus section Boletus. These are the porcini. If correct, the pores would mature to a yellowish or greenish color. The spores would also have a dark greenish tinge (as opposed to pinkish/reddish tinged Tylopilus spores). There's a pine-associating porcini of the SE that grows under pine, B. pseudopinophilus https://boletes.wpamushroomclub.org/product/boletus-pseudopinophilus/. But, I think this species is a bit more brown than the one seen in this post. Hardwood porcini include B. separans and B. variipes.  One trait to check  (not seen if the mushroom is too old) is whether or not the young pores are "stuffed." Species of Boletus section Boletus have this trait. The very young white pores often appear to be clogged/covered with a white material.