Newb morel southern ontario

Hi, this is my first year foraging and I have harvested fiddle heads and ramps in my area.  I’m excited about this by itself but would love to find a morel.  I think it’s still early for southern Ontario (Niagara).  I’m just looking for some confirmation that I have not missed the morel season in my area.  Any information is appreciated.  

You should be finding some very soon. After the rain that fell Saturday and Sunday conditions should be good. This weekend coming up would be a good time to look.

Also, check out  website called thegreatmorel.com. There is a map that flags self reported findings. Definitely folks are finding them in Pennsylvania and Ohio. New York is starting to show some positive finding. The Niagara region likely has similar climate as western New York so that should give some confidence that you could be successful. 

For us in Northwest Ontario, it will be 2-3 weeks before we find any.

SidneyM, you haven't missed the season.  But the season is right now.  If you look on iNaturalist, you can see people reporting observations from you area.  Get out there!  I hope you find one, and let us know if you do.  Good luck.