My first vlog on wild mushrooms

CocoT

Helly Shroomers,
I am a newbie shroomer. Just went on my first mushroom hunting trip in Marin County, California. I made a vlog to share what I saw. Hope you enjoy it! As you can see, I couldn't identify many of them 🙂 Thanks in advance if you can share your knowledge.

Happy New Year Everyone!

#1 Stropharia ambigua. Not the Death Cap (Amanita phalloides), but still probably toxic. Except for one notable exception --not the mushrooms seen in the  first slide-- species in genus Stropharia should not be used as food.  I'll look later for the other ones.

Nice walk through the woods. Unlike the woods here in NE PA right now,  there's plenty of mushrooms along this CA trail.

#1. Stropharia ambigua. NOT a Death Cap. Amanita phalloides has a cup-like basal volva at the base of the stalk (may need to excavate from the soil), does not feature an "appendiculate" cap margin, ie. A. phalloides does have a cap margin decorated with hanging velar material, and does not have a shaggy stalk. Also, note how the ring on the stalk is dark. This is from the dark spores dropping form the gills. Amanita mushrooms have white spores.

Un-numbered mushroom suspected to be a "Gypsy"... By "Gypsy" I take it that the species Cortinarius caperatus (aka. Rozites caperata) is being proposed here. This is incorrect. The mushroom seen represents a species of Russula. Note there is no ring on the stalk (C. caperatus has a ring; ie. partial veil). C. caperatus has a yellowish cap surface that is often radially wrinkled and/or with a frosty/floury "bloom." https://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Cortinarius_caperatus.html   Russula mushrooms lave light-colored spore prints... white, cream, yellow, pale ochre, or orangish. C. caperatus has a brown spore print.

#2. Not sure. Need to see the undersides. Maybe a species of Russula? Low confidence here.

#3. Definitely NOT an "Oyster Mushroom." ie. not a species of Pleurotus. Not sure about this ID, though.  Maybe Cortinarius? Hemistropharia? Stropharia? Pholiota? It's a species I am not familiar with. Looks to be dark-spored.

#4. "Milk Drop Mycena". I googled this name and got Mycena galopus. Were these mushrooms exuding drops of liquid from the gills? I think they are a species other than M. galopus; the colors are wrong for this species. Mycena is a large genus, Wikipedia lists well over 100 species. They are mostly small mushrooms, often difficult to ID to species. I think the ones seen in the vlog are a species of Mycena. The whitish caps and  yellow stalks suggest M. epipteryygia   https://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Mycena_epipterygia.html

#5. Need to see more details. Species of Entoloma? Maybe. Low confidence.

#6. Reminds me of Lactarius sordidus; ie. because of the sordid greenish cap surface.

#7. very likely NOT a type of Oyster Mushroom (ie. not a species of Pleurotus). Maybe Armillaria? Need more info.

#8. These are old and rotting. Once mushrooms are in this condition, getting an ID may be nearly impossible.

#9. I think these are a species of a genus housed in family Inocybaceae. Until recently, these were all considered to be species of genus Inocybe. Now, there are a few newly erected genera that have been "split" off of Inocybe. Many species, difficult to ID; need to use a microscope to even just get started. Note the radially fibrous caps with umbos (raised centers). Many Inocybe species --not all-- exhibit these types of traits. 

#10. Almost certainly NOT death Caps. Maybe a species of Lepiota? Low confidence here. Need more info, seeing additional features.

#11. Cortinarius? Stropharia? Agaricus? Knowing spore print color would help here. Also, seeing the underside more clearly, so that assessing whether the gills are attached to the stalk.

#12. Two different species labeled #12. At first glance the cluster looks like a species of Gymnopus, but then the decurrent gills are seen on one of them. Maybe a species of Clitocybe? The solitary one looks like Inocybe, or possibly Entoloma.

#13. Species of Suillus. Note that the underside consists of pores (not gills) and these pores kinda radiate down the stalk. Maybe S. cavipes?