Help ID This Garden Mushroom

Heyogeo

How large is this mushroom? I think maybe it's been in your garden for awhile. It looks to be well past maturity. I'm guessing the gills would not be so dark brown if it was fresher. On the other hand, maybe this is just a species I don't recognize? Do you know how long it's been there?

Where is Everett?

6 hours ago, Dave W said:

How large is this mushroom? I think maybe it's been in your garden for awhile. It looks to be well past maturity. I'm guessing the gills would not be so dark brown if it was fresher. On the other hand, maybe this is just a species I don't recognize? Do you know how long it's been there?

Where is Everett?

They vary a bit in size but I would say on average about palm sized. I just noticed them the 2days ago but they are growing in a bed that doesn't get much attention. I live in Washington State. Everett is about 40min. north of Seattle. 

• 11 months later...

The shape reminds me of these gomphus clavatus that I found the other day, and which are supposed to be more present among the conifers I imagine you have lots of, than among the hardwoods growing around me.

If that's what yours are, they're decidedly older than the ones I found. I kept mine in the fridge for a while, and found that the lilac color remained in the inside flesh much longer than on the outside. Perhaps yours are purple inside?