Hen of the woods?

Ray41

I found this monster today. I've never hunted mushrooms, but I was out checking on an elderberry patch and came across this massive mushroom. From what I've been able to tell it's most likely hen of the woods or the black staining polypore.  I thought I'd ask some experts for help. I found it at the base of a massive oak tree. We've had an usually wet august here in northeast Arkansas. I found this technically in southeast Missouri. One of the pictures is a spot where I broke a piece of it off. The picture is an hour and a half to 2 hours after I broke the piece off. I didn't see any real darkening. Thanks.

PXL_20220824_182341543.jpg

PXL_20220824_180228466.jpg

PXL_20220824_155956978.jpg

PXL_20220824_162846325.jpg

Screenshot_20220824-134625.png

Edited by Ray41
Add detail

I think this may be Meripilus sumtinei (Black Staining Polypore). Except, I don't see any black staining. Try rubbing a few of the fronds and then wait for 20 minutes or so before checking to see if the rubbed areas have darkened. But, I'm wondering if this one may have dried out in situ, and perhaps it will not stain at this point in time. 

I don't think this is Berkeley's Polypore (Bondarzewia berkeleyi). That species features fronds that are much larger than the ones comprising this example. 

Could it be Grifola frondosa (Hen of the Woods)? The fronds look thin and on the large side for this species. As svs said, it's early in the season for a completely mature G. frondosa. But, I suppose the possibility should not be dismissed, especially without a confident alternative at hand.