Is this an Agaricus?

I live in the Sierra Nevada mountain range at 8,000 feet and found this guy in my yard next to a big pine tree. Is this an agaricus? I'm trying to learn more about the mushrooms in my area but I am relatively new to the wild mushroom world. It also smelled like a white button mushroom from the store.

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

Yup, Agaricus is a large genus with lots of tricky species IDs. Richard Kerrigan's book on genus Agaricus is over 900 pages long! There are several species that are believed to occur only in high elevation forests of western NA.

52 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Richard Kerrigan's book on genus Agaricus is over 900 pages long

I have considered buying that book on several occasions but it is prohibitively expensive.  I'll have to stick with the resources I have for now.  Perhaps I'll see if I can borrow it through the university library system, just to get a look at it.