Mushrooms around stump

canoehead

I found some mushrooms around a stump in my back yard. They appear similar to Candolleomyces candolleana which were growing close by; but the cap size seemed a bit small, 3 cm, and the gills appeared broader and more distant. Gills look to be attached and have brown color. The spore print was brown color with a hint of purple.

The stalk was smooth, hollow, and mostly white with traces of some light tan coloration. The cap was light brown with darker center. This mushroom was picked from a batch where some gills from the more mature specimens looked off white while others were the darker brown color. Unless there is a mix of species, I can't really determine what this mushroom might be. Any ideas?

Thank you

20220629_174221_resized.jpg

20220629_174259_resized.jpg

20220629_174602_resized.jpg

20220629_174717_HDR_resized.jpg

The second photo down is particularly useful in that it shows clearly that the gills are attached to the stalk. Otherwise the gills in early-maturity pink stage combined with the questionable presence of a partial veil may lead one to consider genus Pluteus. The 4th photo shows darker grayish gills that are more mature, which points away from Entoloma.