Finally, a good year for burn Morels in SW BC

After several years with poor burn morel harvests, this year has had the right combination of many forest fires last year and ample rainfall this spring.  The first burn that I went to was OK but not greatly productive, but the next burn I tried, at a higher elevation, produced 42 liters of fine morels on the first trip and about 50 liters of mostly larger morels this past week.  The photo below shows 6 liter bucket number 8 after I had just filled it before finding the pictured group, which contained about 20 morels.  This was only about 50 yards from where I had parked the car, and I picked another couple of liters in a small area.  Quite a few years ago, there was another burn nearby that produced morels into September.P_20220620_164446_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.29dfac82bd2299f470fa1d8318fe6492.jpg