OregonOutbackRanchWife Posted June 27, 2022 Report Share Posted June 27, 2022 Howdy to all, I am a ranch wife in eastern Oregon in the high dessert. Nice to meet y’all. My husband and I manage a large cattle ranch and enjoy the outdoors. The Last few years, I have found many things on the ranch to forage and learning what the plants are and weather they are edible/medicinal and what the Native Americans ate and healed themselves in the 1800’s in this valley. I have been broadening my horizons on hunting mushrooms. My favorite are morels. But I am S L O W L Y … learning about other editable, medicinals and poisonous ones as well. Yesterday we found what we thought was a puffball. I was excited as I brought it home for supper as I have had them before. Knowing there are a few different editable species, I cut it open and found that only 3/4 of it was solid. I no longer felt confident that was the correct ID so I went to look up on line and could not find anything about a puffball being hollow inside- just knew that it should be solid. So I am not sure ID’ed it correctly but rendered it poisonous so I threw the dozen eggs that I had mixed them with (still raw), flushed it down the toilet. So that is what lead me here to learn more on ID’ing correct. FYI; I dont eat any mushroom unless I KNOW 100% without a doubt of what it is. Here is a photos of what I THOUGHT was a puffball … Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.