Old chicken of the woods?

Corvus

I agree, likely an example of last year's Laetiporus. These species tend to appear on the same wood for a few years running, until the nutrients are used up. But, timing is difficult. In my area (NE PA) you may see them at any time between July and through most of September. The white-pored species --ie. L. cincinnatus and other similar ones-- sometimes start up in June. Judging by the substrate (ash) and what appear to be growth in shelves directly on the log, I'd say these are likely L. sulphureus. 

Not as common on ash as with oak. But, with all the ash trees that died here in eastern NA during the last 10-20 years, there's plenty of ash wood available for hardwood-loving saprobic fungi. 

In my experience the white-pored Laetiporus species (eg. L. cincinnatus) grow exclusively on oak. But the yellow-pored L. sulphureus grows on a variety of wood types. Champignons du Quebec lists maple, birch, chestnut, eucalyptus, ash, locust, walnut, fruit trees, willow, oak, and elm as potential hosts. L. huroniensis is a similar yellow-pored eastern NA species that grows on conifer wood.