By "Banded Mottlegill" I believe you mean Panaeolus cinctulus. The mushrooms seen here may be this species. 

First step to support this ID proposal... spore print color. Collect a spore print on a black surface. Most Panaeolus mushrooms have jet-black spore prints. One exception is P. foenisecii, which has very dark purple-brown spore print. By collecting a substantial print on a black non-absorbent surface, you may be able to see if there is any contrast between the black medium and the dark print. 

If the print is jet-black, then this would eliminate P. foenisecii from consideration. But there still may be other possibilities for the species. Using a microscope may be helpful at that point. 

4 hours ago, Dave W said:

By "Banded Mottlegill" I believe you mean Panaeolus cinctulus. The mushrooms seen here may be this species. 

First step to support this ID proposal... spore print color. Collect a spore print on a black surface. Most Panaeolus mushrooms have jet-black spore prints. One exception is P. foenisecii, which has very dark purple-brown spore print. By collecting a substantial print on a black non-absorbent surface, you may be able to see if there is any contrast between the black medium and the dark print. 

If the print is jet-black, then this would eliminate P. foenisecii from consideration. But there still may be other possibilities for the species. Using a microscope may be helpful at that point. 

Thank you! I put the Latin name panaeolus cinctulus in the tags sorry I guess I didn’t put it in the post. I was waiting on a spore print result and it just came out jet black. I don’t have a microscope yet, I have been saving up for one. Is it possible to ID without one? Thank you again.

2F5215CB-6580-4D93-8DFB-92FA5D457212.thumb.jpeg.ce6abe9ce9da716bd12516adaa10b892.jpeg

Forgot to mention the notable farinaceous odor. Also these are growing in my yard around the piles of dog crap I was too lazy to pick up. I don’t know if p. Cinctulus is dung loving or if that helps with ID.

Most species of Panaeolus favor habitat where dung is present, or where it has been mixed in with soil as a fertilizer. Judging a print color as black vs. very dark brown is best done by collecting the print on a black non-absorbent surface. Any contrast with the black surface will then be seen (but you need a fairly thick print). P. cinctulus looks like the probable ID here. But, like I previously wrote, certainty can be difficult to achieve.