Dry Land Fish Found‼️

Found today in the hills of middle Tennessee growing around an old homestead from 100 years ago surrounded in privet bushes with some hackberry and cedar trees nearby. We had a couple of days in the 60s and 70s and the last two days have been rainy and highs in the 40s and 50s and lows have been just above freezing.

Happy Morel Hunting! -Dave

C83E2055-DC1C-4153-9FB2-37B825631E61.jpeg

AC1F5B25-9801-461B-8871-2C2D8279B8C8.png

You lucky guy. I was wondering when someone would find the first mushrooms of this year.

Still a lot of snow here, as I look out the window. Probably 5 weeks at least before we will be finding morels.

Good looking batch of what I assume are blacks.  May go down to south central PA this week to hunt.  My youngest brother says he’ll watch and let me know when to come down.

We got light snow this morning, not that I think I’d find any locally.  I’m better off getting off this plateau and down onto limestone soil.

So today I’m cooking mushroom grow bags to sterilize them.

Yeah, they look tasty. I'd say Morchella americana. ?? Found my first today in Allegheny County PA, M. angusticeps, the black morel. The soil temp at 51 degrees and this under elms, both dead and live present.

20220412_170511 (2).jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, JOHNY said:

You lucky guy. I was wondering when someone would find the first mushrooms of this year.

Still a lot of snow here, as I look out the window. Probably 5 weeks at least before we will be finding morels.

Still snow? Oh wait, I see you're in NW Ontario. Man, did you get hit with that snowfall that hit Manitoba?  I don't know how much they got, but it was forecasted to be a bigger storm than seen in decades.  50+ cm.

I'm in the Ottawa area, and we're still a ways off too.  I went for a hike earlier this week and there was nothing green in the forest yet although most snow is gone (there was a small amount in a sheltered ravine).  I'd say 3 weeks at the earliest.