New to Mushrooming - ID - Maine Coastal Woodlands

Mainebill

I think it's Amanita muscaria vs. guessowii.  Also known as Fly Agaric.

It also looks a little like Amanita flavoconia, but the striate cap margin (the radial line on the outside edge) and greyish colour of the universal veil on the cap (the warts) makes me think it's the former.  A better look at the base of the stem would have helped in this case.

I agree with Calvert, A. muscaria var. guessowii. The base of the stalk is buried, but one the lower part there's concentric rings of universal veil material. This is a feature generally associated with the A. muscaria varieties. This would be a very unusual feature for A. flavoconia, and the color of the cap lacks the orangish tint expected with A. flavoconia. I think the species o compare against the A. muscria var. guessowii proposal is A. frostiana   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_frostiana . I don't think the mushroom seen here is A. forstiana; the concentric deposits on the lower stalk are wrong for this species. But, the similarity should illustrate the need to see the entire base of an amanita stalk if one expects to confidently ID to species. A. frostiana has a "rolled sock" basal volva, and seeing this may require carefully extracting the mushroom from the soil.  Even then, it can be tricky!

There's currently a controversy surrounding the name "Amanita muscaria var. guessowii". Because of confusion years back with a collection that was called Amanita chrysoblema, one or more of the muscaria varieties may end up being called by this name.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_chrysoblema