Hello all,

I just noticed this "introduction page". I posted right away about a youtube video after I registered my account. Sorry about that.

My name is Ming and currently I live in New Jersey. I became super intrigued by mushroom and fungi since 2019. Since then I join the NJ and NY mycological societies to learn about mushrooms and fungi. I love taking pictures and videos of mushroom. Therefore I created my youtube channel very recently about mushroom.

I came to the US in August 2009, to continue my education and earned my doctors degree in Chemistry in 2014. I was born and raised in China. My hometown, Guizhou Province, has a big tradition using mushrooms for culinary purposes. I was influenced by this mushroom-loving culture when I was young. It may be the reason why I love mushroom so much at this moment. Currently I work as a scientist in a cosmetic company, and I would like to make friends here.

I have great interest in mushroom hunting, especially when observing mushrooms I have never seen before. I join the forum, to learn, and to enjoy the time together as we all have the mutual interest in fungi.

Thank you very much!

PS: when you feel free, you can always to stop by and watch the videos I make (I only have one now https://youtu.be/lY96uAcSwvc). I will keep updating bi-weekly and try to deliver good-quality content.

Best, YM

Welcome, Ming.  Most of the members of this forum are from eastern North America and will be able to help with your fungal education.  You've made a good start by joining mushroom clubs.