Is this amanita muscaria?

Abbie duvall

The ones seen in the first photo show gray ornamentation on the stipes. This would be unusual for the muscaria types. Possibly the gray is the result of the mushrooms being handled? Or maybe just a shadow caused by the lighting? The ones in the last few photos look more like A. muscaria var. guessowii to me. May be two different species seen here? I think they are all muscaria, but the gray is bothersome.  

On 10/19/2021 at 9:38 PM, JOHNY said:

Yes they are Amanita.

What do you mean by "prepare them"?
Please do Not eat them. A vomiting decent into frightful delerium if you do.

th

On 10/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, Dave W said:

The ones seen in the first photo show gray ornamentation on the stipes. This would be unusual for the muscaria types. Possibly the gray is the result of the mushrooms being handled? Or maybe just a shadow caused by the lighting? The ones in the last few photos look more like A. muscaria var. guessowii to me. May be two different species seen here? I think they are all muscaria, but the gray is bothersome.  

The grey is from being handles they only looked like that after i was carrying and touching them there

On 10/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, Jeff Falcone said:

I am super curious about this lotion/compress that you intend to prepare. I've never heard of such a thing.

its 1:1 of petroleum jelly or lard and dried (turned into a powder) amanita muscaria caps. you can rub it straight on your muscles and joints its supposed to help with soreness, arthritis etc.

I have no idea if transcutaneous absorption of the toxic chemicals in Amanitas can occur.

The vehicle base/gel might have an influence.

I would strongly caution using only a tiny amount for the first few times.

Personally I would not do it.